Re: issue 168 proposal: xsi:type of external references in Encoding

 Noah,
 the text I had in mind was meant as adding to the spec a
sentence like this: "When no such type information is available,
the referenced resource is considered to be 'untyped'" [1]
 IMO this is unnecessary and contrary to the rules in section
4.1. What would have the same effect would be relaxing
(rewriting) the said rules.
 The distinction, therefore, is one of explicitly saying that
some values are untyped vs. not requiring every value to be
typed. More vs. less spec text.
 Best regards,

                   http://www.systinet.com/

 [1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/xml-dist-app/2001Dec/0256.html