Re: abstract syntax and RDFS

At 20:16 -0500 1/22/03, Peter F. Patel-Schneider wrote:
>From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
>Subject: Re: abstract syntax and RDFS

[snip]

>>  I think the following RDF and RDFS properties and classes are cool in
>>  annotations and Annotations:
>>     rdfs:comment
>>     rdfs:label
>>     rdfs:seeAlso
>>     rdfs:isDefinedBy
>
>I explicitly allowed rdfs:comment and rdfs:label, although I am somewhat
>unhappy with allowing rdfs:comment.  I think that rdfs:seeAlso and
>rdfs:isDefinedBy have no place in OWL Lite or OWL DL.

in D+O, people use isDefinedBy  primarily in their data documents
(i.e. the ontology instance stuff)where it provides a useful function
(there's not always a direct namespace link to the class definition
in one step)  - why would you leave it out?  seeAlso seems irrelevant
to Owl, but seems like there is no trouble having it in the
annotations (i.e. no worse than someone adding their own creation) -
any particular reason to leave these two out, other than general
principles (i.e. do they actually break anything, as opposed to
offending ones sensibilities?)