Re: JSON feedback we could submit

On Mon, Nov 11, 2013 at 5:08 AM, Anne van Kesteren <annevk@annevk.nl> wrote:
> (Worth pondering about: what to do about a leading BOM, which
> XMLHttpRequest and browsers allow, but neither IETF nor Ecma-404
> allow.)

 * Gecko (and hopefully other browser engines) don't support UTF-32.
(I strongly disapprove of the IETF JSON spec supporting UTF-32.)

 * Defining new formats that aren't UTF-8-only is not cool. Now that
JSON has already been defined with UTF-16 in the mix, at least the
specs could advise serializer implementors against generating anything
but UTF-8.

--
Henri Sivonen
hsivonen@hsivonen.fi