Re: httpRange-14 Change Proposal

From: Jeni Tennison <jeni@jenitennison.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 13:08:52 +0100
Cc: "www-tag@w3.org List" <www-tag@w3.org>, Tim Berners-Lee <timbl@w3.org>
To: nathan@webr3.org
Nathan,

On 29 Mar 2012, at 12:48, Nathan wrote:
> You can think of the term "Resource" as being namespaced within each specification, RFC3986-Resource is not equivalent to HTTPbis-Resource. Indeed it's this ambiguity in terminology which creates most of the mess around httpRange-14.

Could you please point me to the part of HTTPbis that defines "resource" (ie HTTPbis-Resource)? I understand that HTTPbis only talks about resources that are identified through HTTP URIs, but I can't find the part of the specification that defines "resource" such that I (a Person) am not an HTTPbis resource.

Thanks,

Jeni
--
Jeni Tennison