Re: [css-flexbox] inconsistent behavior when using flex-grow: 0.001

On 04/19/2016 12:25 AM, Sébastien Lorber wrote:
> I get an inconsistent browser behavior on this JsFiddle
> <https://jsfiddle.net/hbdLacz8/> where Chrome and Firefox do not produce
> the same result on my computer when I resize my window. When the green
> box go under the red box, it does not take the same width.
>
> Any idea which browser does it wrong?

Which versions are you testing? I get identical behavior between Chrome
51 (Dev Edition) and Firefox 48 (Nightly).

> Is it a bug or should flex-grow simply not be used with float values (it
> does work consistently with non-float values)

There is special behavior for flex-grow float values between 0 and 1,
which behave differently than values that are greater than 1. (They
behave a little like percentages.)  I think I recall that Chrome
implemented that behavior fairly recently, so you might be testing a
Chrome version that doesn't have that fix -- that would explain the
discrepancy you're seeing.

~Daniel