Re: [css-flexbox] inconsistent behavior when using flex-grow: 0.001

On 04/19/2016 08:04 AM, Daniel Holbert wrote:
> On 04/19/2016 12:25 AM, Sébastien Lorber wrote:
>> I get an inconsistent browser behavior on this JsFiddle
>> <https://jsfiddle.net/hbdLacz8/> where Chrome and Firefox do not produce
>> the same result on my computer when I resize my window. When the green
>> box go under the red box, it does not take the same width.
>>
>> Any idea which browser does it wrong?
>
> Which versions are you testing? I get identical behavior between Chrome
> 51 (Dev Edition) and Firefox 48 (Nightly).

OK, quoting your flexbugs issue:

"On my recent chrome version the green box always takes the whole width
(it grows), while on Firefox (44.0.2) it does not grow."

It sounds like the Chrome version you're testing does not have the
special behavior for flex-grow<1 implemented.  If you test a newer
Chrome version, it should match Firefox (not grow -- at least, not grow
beyond a 0.001 share of the container).

Chrome implemented this behavior here, BTW:
https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=480752