Re: [css-flexbox] interactions of percentages with min-height: auto

On 03/22/2016 02:47 PM, Christian Biesinger wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> question about this testcase:
> http://jsbin.com/tezoqeno/54/edit
>
> (came from crbug.com/346275)
>
> .content has height: 100% and .wrapper has height: 2000px, but will be shrunk
>
> For the purposes of computing the min-content height of .wrapper, what
> should the percentage of .content be resolved with? Keep in mind that
> regular percentage calculations will resolve it relative to 2000px...

Okay, we added some text explaining that for the purpose of calculating
intrinsic sizes, percentages are treated as indefinite within min-size: auto
boxes:
   https://hg.csswg.org/drafts/rev/75be56c11fda
   https://drafts.csswg.org/css-flexbox-1/#min-size-auto
   "For the purpose of calculating an intrinsic size of the element
   (e.g. the element’s min-content size), this value causes the
   element’s width/height to become indefinite (even if e.g. its
   width property specifies a definite size). Note this means that
   percentages calculated against this size will be treated as auto."

CC Rossen and dholbert for correctness-checking. :)
Let us know if this doesn't quite make sense.

Thanks~
~fantasai and TJ