Re: [css-text] CSS Text Module Level 4

On 12/10/15 17:02, Liam Quin wrote:

> Measure is the printer's term for the line length (in effect).

Yes. May refer to width of text block overall, or to reduced measure
where pictures or other elements intrude into the text block.

> A glossary definition of measure (which doesn't correspond to any
> single CSS property directly) might be more helpful. For example,
>
> measure - the space available for lines of text; this gives the
> maximum possible line-length. It is generally equal to the dimension
> of the CSS content box in the inline progression direction but may
> also be affected by floats or other intrusions in some circumstances.

That's pretty good, I think.

JH

--

John Hudson
Tiro Typeworks Ltd    www.tiro.com

Getting Spiekermann to not like Helvetica is like training
a cat to stay out of water. But I'm impressed that people
know who to ask when they want to ask someone to not like
Helvetica. That's progress. -- David Berlow