[will-change] Should will-change on non-animatable properties create stacking context?

From: Simon Fraser <smfr@me.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2015 14:10:29 -0700
To: "www-style@w3.org list" <www-style@w3.org>
"will-change” is obviously geared towards hints regarding properties that can be animated.

However, the stacking context-creation side-effects of will-change aren’t restricted to
animatable properties. According to the spec, "will-change: position” and
"will-change: transform-style” both create SC.

Is this desired behavior? I’m not sure I see any benefit of having will-change create
SC for non-animatable properties.

Simon

[1] https://drafts.csswg.org/css-will-change/