Re: [css-inline] Summary of drop-caps/initial-letters discussion

On Tue, May 20, 2014 at 8:58 PM, Tony Graham <tgraham@mentea.net> wrote:

> I've checked JIS X 4051 and JLReq, and as I said on Friday [1], neither
> covers drop caps as such (but do cover cut-in headings), so it's not part
> of 'regular' Japanese layout, but that doesn't stop people doing it just
> for effect.
>
> I also can't find anything about either drop caps or cut-in headings in
> KLReq, but as you're at the CSS F2F in Seoul, you're currently well placed
> to talk to people about both Korean and Japanese practices.

Perhaps there're some uses in magazines. Here's some examples from the
in-flight magazine (ANA WINGSPAN Issue 539) I read during the flight on my
way back to Japan from Korea F2F.
https://plus.google.com/photos/+MasatakaYakura/albums/6016251750721279313

--
Masataka Yakura