Re: [css-flexbox] Tweaking the old "resolving flexible lengths" algorithm to produce same behavior as new algorithm

On Tue, May 6, 2014 at 4:14 PM, Daniel Holbert <dholbert@mozilla.com> wrote:
> Actually, if we adopt the "early freeze" step added in the ED today[1],
> then that addresses the scenario I brought up in my previous message.
> (and it removes any need for updates to the "original free space" value)
>
> So, with the "early freeze" step backported to the old algorithm, I
> think my suggested spec-tweak from [2] will do the right thing & make
> the old version of the algorithm match the results of the rewritten version.

Okay, we've now temporarily added a "Redux" section to the spec with a
flex-distribution algo based on the older flex-factor-based algo, but
with the tweaks from the newest stuff.

Let us know if you're happy with the redux section.

~TJ and fantasai