Re: [css-flexbox] Tweaking the old "resolving flexible lengths" algorithm to produce same behavior as new algorithm

From: Daniel Holbert <dholbert@mozilla.com>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2014 18:20:41 -0700
To: "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
CC: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On 05/06/2014 05:59 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> Okay, we've now temporarily added a "Redux" section to the spec with a
> flex-distribution algo based on the older flex-factor-based algo, but
> with the tweaks from the newest stuff.

Thanks!

> Let us know if you're happy with the redux section.

Looks good to me! Just a few nits:

a) This is the only mention of "target main size" in this redux section:

  # 3. Calculate initial free space. [...] For frozen items,
  #    use their outer target main size

I'm guessing this is a typo -- this probably wants to just say "outer
main size", or perhaps "frozen outer main size"?  Alternately, the rest
of this section could be updated to also work with a "target main size".

b) I think this wants s/all items/all unfrozen items/:

   # If the free space is positive
   #   Find the ratio of the item’s flex grow factor to
   #   the sum of the flex grow factors of all items on
   #   the line.

c) I think this wants s/every item/every unfrozen item/:

   # If the free space is negative
   #   For every item on the line, multiply [...]

d) I think this wants s/each item/each unfrozen item/:

   # 4. Fix min/max violations. Clamp each item’s
   #    main size [...]