Re: [css-flexbox] Tweaking the old "resolving flexible lengths" algorithm to produce same behavior as new algorithm

From: Daniel Holbert <dholbert@mozilla.com>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2014 16:14:58 -0700
To: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>, "Tab Atkins Jr." <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Actually, if we adopt the "early freeze" step added in the ED today[1],
then that addresses the scenario I brought up in my previous message.
(and it removes any need for updates to the "original free space" value)

So, with the "early freeze" step backported to the old algorithm, I
think my suggested spec-tweak from [2] will do the right thing & make
the old version of the algorithm match the results of the rewritten version.

~Daniel

[1] https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/csswg/rev/0bc536c848fe and the subsequent few
commits

[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2014Apr/0398.html