[css-line-grid] Reduced editor's draft

From: Alan Stearns <stearns@adobe.com>
Date: Tue, 6 May 2014 20:56:54 +0000
To: "www-style@w3.org" <www-style@w3.org>
Hey all,

Last week I had a very short conversation with the other editors of
line-grid and Murakami-san. I proposed a list of deletions for the current
level of line-grid. I’m looking for the smallest useful line-grid feature
we can agree upon (as long as it can be extended in the future).

To that end, I’ve checked in a version of the editor’s draft with these
changes:

Removed/Postponed:

- line-slack
- grid offset
- gd/gem unit
- 2d box snapping
- rounding functions

Removing the 2d box snapping provisions meant modifying almost all of the
values for the box-snap property, so I took the opportunity to add the
first-baseline and last-baseline values discussed in a recent thread [1].
I also added an issue to define an auto value [2].

Thanks,

Alan

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2014Mar/0445.html

[2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2014Mar/0431.html