Re: [css3-page] Styling elements differently based on whether they appear on a left or right page

On 7/30/13 12:49 AM, "Håkon Wium Lie" <howcome@opera.com> wrote:

>Alan Stearns wrote:
>
> > >Using flexbox is fine, too. Or CSS tables.
> >
> > I think flex and grid are much better suited to layout than floats or
> > tables.
>
>I'd like to see how you achieve these four common use cases:
>
>  1) inside/outside sidebars, e.g. how do you generate this:
>
>      http://people.opera.com/howcome/2013/tests/css3-gcpm/sidenote.pdf

Given a flex layout where the sidebar and the main content are flex items
in the same flex container, and a way of styling elements based on whether
they are on a left or right page, I'd add 'order:-1;' to .sidebar styling
on :left pages and 'order:1;' to .sidebar styling on :right pages.

That's what Lea was originally asking for. I think it would be a good
thing to add. I think float:outside/inside are fine as well. But a general
mechanism for styling content on left/right pages would be better than
adding special-case values to each property you might want to change
depending on the spread location.

Thanks,

Alan