Re: [selector-profiles] confusion

From: Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 13:10:16 -0700
To: Brian Kardell <bkardell@gmail.com>
Cc: www-style list <www-style@w3.org>
On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 11:30 AM, Brian Kardell <bkardell@gmail.com> wrote:
> Maybe we need to fork this discussion... Initial question was: Is that
> the case (as you described above)?  It seems the answer is yes - that
> is the intent.  Given that, I would just like to quickly note that at
> a minimum the names don't seem to indicate that to me.  Larger comment
> is:  Do we really *have* to do that or can we find a way to let them
> "largely work" in CSS and make that be what we mean by "profile"
> instead -- sort of "this is the *potentially* really slow stuff"..

Avoiding a situation where browsers feel obligated to implement them
in a way that "largely works" is the precise reason we forbid CSS from
getting the complete profile.

If any browser finds a way to implement them that works correctly and
is sufficiently fast, we'll just move the features from "complete" to
"fast".