Re: [selector-profiles] confusion

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 1:18 PM, Tab Atkins Jr. <jackalmage@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 6:44 AM, Brian Kardell <bkardell@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Is the recommendation to explicitly not support the complete profile in
>> sheets?  I keep hearing it sort of presented that way and i find the names a
>> little confusing - they make it sound like nothing more than "these
>> selectors are slower"...
>
> I'm really not sure what direction this thread has gone in - it seems
> to be about naming now? - but yes, the complete profile should not be
> supported in CSS, only in other Selectors implementations like
> querySelector.
>
> ~TJ

Maybe we need to fork this discussion... Initial question was: Is that
the case (as you described above)?  It seems the answer is yes - that
is the intent.  Given that, I would just like to quickly note that at
a minimum the names don't seem to indicate that to me.  Larger comment
is:  Do we really *have* to do that or can we find a way to let them
"largely work" in CSS and make that be what we mean by "profile"
instead -- sort of "this is the *potentially* really slow stuff"..