Re: [css3-flexbox] Computed value of "flex-item-align:auto" on the root node

On 5/14/12 2:52 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> Ah, yes, I could do that here.  I can't give the same uniform
> treatment to 'flex-basis', unfortunately, because it depends on which
> direction the main axis points, and if you're not in a flexbox you
> don't have a main axis.

The current spec for flex-basis says:

   an absolute length, or a percentage or a keyword as specified

So there is no problem there at all.  And this behavior makes sense,
imo: inheriting "auto" should probably inherit as "auto" here, not as a
length....

-Boris