Re: [css3-background] should specify color space for box-shadow blurring

On 1/10/2011 10:59 AM, Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 30, 2011 at 5:51 PM, Brian Manthos<brianman@microsoft.com>  wrote:
>> Further, if varying opacity alone impacts color space, then the CSS3 Values WD needs correction because this assertion would be incorrect:
>>
>> http://www.w3.org/TR/css3-images/#color-stop-syntax
>> # Note that transitions where either the transparency or the color
>> # are held constant (for example, transitioning between rgba(255,0,0,100%)
>> # and rgba(0,0,255,100%) or rgba(255,0,0,100%) and rgba(255,0,0,0%)) have
>> # identical results whether the color interpolation is done in premultiplied
>> # or non-premultiplied color-space. Differences only arise when both the color
>> # and transparency differ between the two endpoints.
>
> Nope, that's still correct.  In that note I'm talking about the
> difference between premultiplied and non-premultiplied spaces.

There is not premultiplied and non-premultiplied spaces.

There is only premultiplied and non-premultiplied traversal (paths) of
sRGB colorspace (with full opacity). A gradient from yellow to blue has
a midpoint of gray (#797979).

> sRGB
> vs linearRGB is a completely different story.
>
> ~TJ

I would like to know what linearRGB is? Should I go off searching.

--
Alan Gresley
http://css-3d.org/