Re: [[css3-layout]] fig/caption example

On Friday 21 July 2006 07:05, karl@w3.org wrote:
> Hi,
> This is a QA Review comment for "CSS3 Advanced Layout Module"
> http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-css3-layout-20051215/
> 2005-12-15
> 1st WD
>
> About http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-css3-layout-20051215/#position
>
> An example is given with a markup proposal which never made it
> through. We think it would be easier for people to test with
> something which would be a valid construct in browsers now. It would
> even encourage  good practices for marking up figure if done with a
> valid markup. Change the example, please.

The example is actually wrong. At least, I think the Generated Content
module will not allow this. It's there as a reminder that I would like
to have an example of handling the caption element in XHTML2. However,
it doesn't use XHTML2, because XHTML2 isn't stable yet.

I will make an example with current HTML and postpone the question of
how to handle XHTML2.

Bert