Re: [CSS21] Please endorse xml:id

Norman Walsh wrote:

>In the course of taking the xml:id specification through CR, I
>solicited the Amaya development team to help me demonstrate that
>xml:id could be used successfully with CSS.
>
>However, such support requires careful thought on the part of the
>implementor and may not occur to every developer working on CSS
>implementations.
>
>I think it would be of benefit to the community if the CSS 2.1 draft
>suggested that implementations of CSS 2.1 applied to XML documents
><rfc2119>should</rfc2119> support the xml:id specification.

There has been a thread about that recently, see "CSS selectors and
xml:id" at:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2005Apr/thread.html#316 and
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2005May/thread.html#16

If I recall correctly, the outcome was no, because such a thing would
prevent CSS 2.1 from exiting CR?

~Grauw