Re: CSS 4?

On 10/22/03 10:37 AM, "David Latapie" <julian27@ifrance.com> wrote:

> On Wednesday 22 October 2003, at 17:45PM, Tantek Çelik wrote:
>
>> On 10/22/03 2:06 AM, "David Latapie" <julian27@ifrance.com> wrote:
>> Which do you think is more successful in the market?
>
> Isn't W3C pushing for XSL?

W3C is pushing for many standards, some of which overlap in terms of their
uses and applications.  Some overlap is actually a good thing as it allows
the market to pick the a better winner than the politbüro could have.

>> Which do you think is easier to author?
>
> Never used XSL, but people around said XSL is awful

Try it yourself to appreciate it and form your own opinion.

>> Which is showing active development (new specs, features being
>> published)?
>
> I trust you on that, I thought XLS was active

I'm not sure much is being done on the Excel spreadsheet format (certainly
not at W3C), but presumably that was a typo.

One fairly unscientific analysis is provided by:

<http://googlefight.com/cgi-bin/compare.pl?q1=CSS&q2=XSL&B1=Make+a+fight%21&
compare=1&langue=us>

>> Which is more actively discussed on mailing lists?
>
> Alright, I got my anwser :-)
>
> Thank you. Now that I5/Mac is gone,

Sad but true.  Everything that has a beginning has an end.

> what are you doing

We do only what we are meant to do.

> (out of possible
> minor releases)? Safari?

The Safari team and project are in good hands.

Tantek