Re: monochrome

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michael Hamm" <msh210@is7.nyu.edu>
To: <www-style@w3.org>
Sent: Monday, February 14, 2000 8:15 PM
Subject: monochrome

> I think it would be good to have monochrome and color print and screen
> media. Just one example, off the top of my head:
>
> dfn{color:black;background-color:#ffa;font-style:normal}
> in the color-screen and color-print media and
> dfn{font-style:italic}
> in the monochrome-print and monoschrome-screen medium.
>
> Thoughts?

Interesting ... Yes, I think it would be useful. In my _media=print_ style sheets, I usually only have have black, white, yellow and various shades of grey. If i could specify different style sheets for colour print and b&w print, that would be nice.

Some colours don't look good when turned into b&w print (i.e. red looks like black), but would look nice in a colour print-out.

--
Karl Ove Hufthammer