RE: SemWeb future ?

There is an excellent article written in 98 by Robin Cover which describes
your experience that XML really is mainly a syntax, and lacks any way of
specifying semantics for machines to process. See:

http://www.oasis-open.org/cover/xmlAndSemantics.html

Like you, I am unaware of any example applications which make serious use of
the semantic capabilities of  DAML or RDF in "real life projects". Of
course, it depends on what you mean by real life projects. This has been the
subject of some debate on another discussion list at Yahoo.  You  might wish
to check this out starting with the following link:

Mike