Re: Trying to understand valid RDF [long]

and On Thu, 2001-11-01 at 13:43, Art Barstow wrote:
> The my:field property does not conform to rule [6.12] in:
>
>  http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-rdf-syntax/#grammar
>
> If a propertyElt contains content (and it does not have
> a rdf:parseType attribute), then the ONLY attribute it
> can have is rdf:ID.

SO, lets see if I understand this properly:

As a general rule, valid RDF restricts elements to either attributes or
content, but not both - as per grammar rule 6.12
(and I'm using the first option:
'<' propName idAttr? '>' value '</' propName '>' - where
value ::= description | string

I'll re-work my larger test to suit this.. :)

--
--==++
Ian Stuart: Edinburgh University Data Library.

 Personal web site: http://lucas.ucs.ed.ac.uk/