  From: Brian McBride
  To: Richard H. McCullough ; Patrick J. Hayes
  Cc: www-rdf-comments@w3.org
  Sent: Tuesday, December 03, 2002 8:10 AM
  Subject: Re: comments on http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-rdf-schema-20021112/

  At 06:52 03/12/2002 -0800, Richard H. McCullough wrote:

  Welcome back Richard,
  [...]

  >2. I have one other question related to the definition of "Class".
  >Is "Person" a subClassOf "Class", and "Dick McCullough" a
  >member/individual of "Class"?
  >Or is "Person" a member/individual of "Class", and "Dick McCullough"
  >unrelated to "Class"?
  >In other words, what is the meaning of "Person"?  And is there a
  >difference between "Resource" and "Class"?
  >You might add some words to the document to answer this question.

  Given the normal definitions of person and Dick McCullough and ignoring the
  "'s I would expect to model these as:

     Person rdfs:type rdfs:Class .  # Person is a member of rdfs:Class
     Dick   rdfs:type rdfs:Person . # Dick is a member of Person

  i.e. the latter of the two options you offered.

  Brian