Re: comments on http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-rdf-schema-20021112/

At 05:03 27/11/2002 -0800, Richard H. McCullough wrote:

[...]
>##### I agree.  I just got lazy.  I didn't have a printout of the
>document, and I was trying to manage by flipping between screens.  BTW,
>the document has no section numbers or page numbers.

Right.  Will fix.

[...]
>##### OK, here's the proof that your definition of Class is contradictory.
>##### I don't remember exactly what you said in the rdf interest discussion.
>##### I think the basic idea was that "Class" is a class instead of a set
>of class names.
>##### The problem with your definition comes out when you consider
>##### the PROPER subclass relations between Class and Resource.
>##### By the definition of Resource
>#####        every class except Resource is a proper subclass of Resource

I think this falls at the first hurdle.  I hearby define eg:Class, a class
that is not a proper subclass of rdfs:Resource.

   eg:Class      rdf:type        rdfs:Class .
   eg:Class      rdfs:subClassOf rdfs:Resource .
   rdfs:Resource rdfs:subClassOf eg:Class .

Are you assuming that two classes with exactly the same members must be the
same class?  This is not true of rdfs:Class.

Brian