  From: Brian McBride
  To: Richard H. McCullough ; www-rdf-comments@w3.org
  Sent: Wednesday, November 27, 2002 5:39 AM
  Subject: Re: comments on http://www.w3.org/TR/2002/WD-rdf-schema-20021112/

  At 05:03 27/11/2002 -0800, Richard H. McCullough wrote:

  [...]
  >##### I agree.  I just got lazy.  I didn't have a printout of the
  >document, and I was trying to manage by flipping between screens.  BTW,
  >the document has no section numbers or page numbers.

  Right.  Will fix.

  [...]
  >##### OK, here's the proof that your definition of Class is contradictory.
  >##### I don't remember exactly what you said in the rdf interest discussion.
  >##### I think the basic idea was that "Class" is a class instead of a set
  >of class names.
  >##### The problem with your definition comes out when you consider
  >##### the PROPER subclass relations between Class and Resource.
  >##### By the definition of Resource
  >#####        every class except Resource is a proper subclass of Resource

  I think this falls at the first hurdle.  I hearby define eg:Class, a class
  that is not a proper subclass of rdfs:Resource.

     eg:Class      rdf:type        rdfs:Class .
     eg:Class      rdfs:subClassOf rdfs:Resource .
     rdfs:Resource rdfs:subClassOf eg:Class .

  Are you assuming that two classes with exactly the same members must be the
  same class?  This is not true of rdfs:Class.

  Brian