RE: Comment on working draft "Specifying Language in XHTML and HTML Content"

Hello Jony,

See another email for a response about this.

> "Similarly" in the 5th paragraph is not very clear. Similar

Note that the latest edit version no longer contains that word. See
http://www.w3.org/International/geo/html-tech/tech-lang.html#ri20050208.0936
46470

> to what? And shouldn't it be "Azeri"?

No, I believe not. I looked into this some time ago. See for example
wikipedia articles on Azerbaijan, that refer to the Azerbaijani language but
the Azeri people. Also, the language subtag registry entry is
Type: language
Subtag: az
Added: 2005-10-16

> Clause 4.2 Attributes or metadata?
>
> I would like to add that often the author is not able to
> control the metadata. It is handled by the server, and in any
> large organization the bureaucratic obstacles make it too
> difficult for most authors to manage, even if they are aware
> of it, which they may not be.

I modified bullet 4 to say:
It is important to always declare the default text-processsing language for
the document, but if the document is not read from a server, or the author
is unable to apply the necessary server settings, the HTTP content header
will not be available.

There is also mention of this issue two paras down, and in relevant best
practise sections.

Cheers,
RI

> Jony