RE: XForms and Web Forms 2.0

Hello Dharmesh,

"We are working with some of the insurers and brokers who state "poor
usability" of the iMarkets XForms as a key issue.".

This is very true, in fact I am really surprised at the quality of some the
forms (no pun intended here). Currently I am working with a major
organisation in redesigning how forms are being used in their organisation.
We feel that now Microsoft's Workflow Foundation is mature enough to be used
in "production" the next generation of XForms will be written to drive
"state-machine workflow".

Instead of having the flow of control be "top to bottom", a state-machine
workflow is modelled as a set of discrete "states".  At each state you can
have the ability to initialise, and then listen for events.  When the events
come into the workflow you can then execute some activities in a sequential
manner, and then potentially change the state of the workflow to another
state.

For me the WF2 vs. XForms is just noise, XForms has well defined data model
and when used in conjunction with XML  Events allows a very efficient data
bus. One thing for sure I would like to see is that the specification for
Web Inclusion Compound Document (WICD) reaches at least CR status then we
all can understand how best the W3C sees mixing XML namespaces working (use
of object tag or XInclude for example).

 I think a few large organisations are also have similar projects (IBM?).

Kind Regards
Francisco

  _____