Re: XForms and Web Forms 2.0

On Fri, 01 Sep 2006 16:59:32 +0200, Dharmesh Mistry
<Dharmesh.Mistry@edgeipk.com> wrote:

> Is there anywhere a list of Fortune 500 / FTSE 100 etc... companies that
> use these technologies.

Whenever I give a talk on XForms, I try to give an indicative list of some
of the companies using XForms. The full list is too long, and would be too
boring, to use at a talk, but it is interesting to see the diverse ways
XForms is being used.

Here is an example:

http://www.w3.org/2006/Talks/05-26-steven-XForms/#users

the entire British Insurance industry,
the US Navy (in submarines),
NASA (Jet Propulsion Laboratories),
UK Government (Planning Inspectorate),
Verifone - a payment company, for configuring petrol pumps,
Xerox, for an Enterprise Content Management system, and other uses.
Yahoo for several internal applications.
NACS - the National Association of Consumer Stores for configuring and
accessing data from a range of devices,
Vancity - A Canadian Credit Union, with public XForms-driven pages,
Daiwa - a Japanese Bank, for a transaction system,
German Shipbuilders, for configuring ships,
Fraunhofer (known for MP3) for configuring websites,
Bristol-Myers-Squibb (pharmaceutical),
Remia - a major Dutch food manufacturer,
KDDI: embedded in a Japanese mobile phone,
CDC (the Centre for Disease Control): for disease control after hurricane
Katrina

and several others that I can't talk about because the companies concerned
don't want the competition to know.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes,

Steven Pemberton