Re: FW: EOT-Lite File Format

Tab Atkins Jr. wrote:

> IE does not render EOTL files, it renders EOTC files.  The EOTL format
> is just created in such a way that (nonconformant) legacy IEs
> interpret them in such a way.  Future IEs, and other browsers, will
> correctly distinguish between the two formats.

Thank you. This is well-stated.

IE will interpret EOTL files as if they were EOTC, because there is
nothing in EOTL that is contrary to the EOTC spec.

Other browsers will not interpret EOTC files as if they were EOTL,
because there are things in EOTC that are contrary to the EOTL spec.

I don't know how much more plainly that that can be stated. At some
point, the idiosyncratic refusal to accept this must be put down to
either bad faith or dimness.

JH