Re: Fonts WG Charter feedback

Håkon wrote:

> Personally, I think that license terms is a better enforcer than
> technical means, but I'm also open for a technical solution:

License terms need to be policeable, in ways that don't mean that we
spend all our time chasing pirates instead of making new fonts. So I
like the idea of single-origin linking as described here:

>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-style/2008Nov/0412.html

Compression should benefit everyone, so seems a no-brainer.

I'm afraid I can't claim to have read all of the >200 emails of the last
few days. I am wondering if you, or someone else, can summarise what
*technical* objections Microsoft might have to a scheme such as you
describe, other than that they already support EOT in their browser.

JH