Re: Fonts WG Charter feedback

On Fri, 2009-07-03 at 00:25 +0600, Christopher Fynn wrote:
> Thomas Lord wrote:
>
> > By a "three-format" solution I mean a requirement
> > to support OTF, TTF, and some new format.  We can
> > discuss the requirements for the new format separately.
>
> Since TrueType is a subset of OpenType, isn't this a "two-format"
> solution?

I suppose.

I was under the (apparently mistaken) impression
that while OTF subsumes TTF, TTF files per se aren't
valid OTF files without (trivial) conversion (even
though essentially all OTF engines process TTF happily).
Assuming I was mistaken about that, then "two-format"
is a fine description.

-t