AGENDA: W3C User Agent Teleconference 12 July 2001

WAI UA Telecon for July 12th, 2001

Chair: Jon Gunderson
Date: Thursday, 12 July 2001
Time: 2:00-4:00 pm Eastern Standard Time, USA
Call-in: Longfellow Bridge (+1) (617) 252-1038


Review Action Items (see below)


    1.User Agent FTF Meeting at Microsoft on 13-14 September 2001 hosted by 
Microsoft (Redmond, WA).


    1.[Proposal Issue 517] Proposal to address nested time containers.

    2.[Proposal] Edits to text about speech output limitations.

    3.[Proposal] Edits to text about speech output limitations.

    4.[Proposal] Checkpoint 10.4 highlight requirement and image maps

    5.[Proposal] Since content focus and user interface focus are required, 
make characteristics normative

    6.[Clarification] How operating environment requirements apply for 
embedded operating environments (e.g., Java in Windows)

    7.[Clarification] Checkpoint 6.5 (alert of changes to content) does not 
apply to style changes

    8.Issue 517: Need clarification of issue (Al Gilman or SVG people)

    9.AT survey/telecon compilation and summary

   10.CR and PR requirements

Open Action Items

    1.RS: Send pointer to information about universal access gateway to the 
    2.GR: Review event checkpoints for techniques
    3.GR: Rewrite different markup (list of elements) that 2.9 applies to, 
for clarification.

Completed and Dropped Action Items

    1.IJ: Coordinate usability testing of the guidelines (JRG volunteers to 
be one of the testers).

    2.IJ: Request publication of newer UAAG 1.0 (4 June draft).

    3.IJ: - Add a link to "How People with Disabilities use the Web" from 
the section on the impact matrix. - Add reference to this document even 
though it's not
      yet a note.

    4.IJ: Continue to keep WG informed of meeting plans of FTF Meeting

    5.IJ: Add AT developers on the call today and Loretta to the mailing list

    6.IJ: Clarify for 1.1. the difference between spatially-dependent and 
independent access through the keyboard.

    7.IJ: Ensure that sufficient requirements are in checkpoint text, not 

    8.IJ: Write a proposal where control is required. If controlling parent 
allows control of synchronized child, this is sufficient

    9.IJ:: Clarify in document that icons only about claims.

   10.IJ and DJ: Discuss technical comments from SVG WG and bring back to 
both WGs

   11.JG: Organize a teleconference to address 4.6 and invite media people 
to attend.
      For example: Rob Lanphier of RealNetworks, Kathy Demaree of Microsoft 
(she is in charge of accessibility for the WMP), Geoff Freed, and Cindy King.

Jon Gunderson, Ph.D., ATP
Coordinator of Assistive Communication and Information Technology
Division of Rehabilitation - Education Services
College of Applied Life Studies
University of Illinois at Urbana/Champaign
1207 S. Oak Street, Champaign, IL  61820

Voice: (217) 244-5870
Fax: (217) 333-0248



Received on Tuesday, 10 July 2001 15:23:08 UTC