Re: Browser sniffing to CG

09:19 PM 09-12-98 +0100, Daniel Dardailler <danield@w3.org> wrote:
>I am personally not in favor adding profile like things to HTTP to
>allow for "clean" browser sniffing (e.g. my screen is this res, I
>don't have a mouse, etc)

>It think HTTP has enough content negociation and the architecture
>already in place is flexible enough (where you first get the HTML/XML,

Also Web Standards Org http://www.webstandards.org is working hard for 1
site serves all browsers Web & nothing should impede that goal.

Yesterday Jon Gunderson <jongund@staff.uiuc.edu> asked if the forms issue
seen here
http://members.aol.com/criptrip/form_problem.html is a page or browser
matter. While the page seems beyond help of even the most robust keyboard
controls I feel robust browser, & its subsidiary agents, controls best
achieve Accessibility. Numbers are a simple & telling guide, it is easier to
adjust 4 or 5 major browsers, & hundreds of agents, than to get billions
(soon) of pages to be usable. It would be fabulous if browser makers took a
Web-centric position on Accessibility features & do too much, not too little
because beyond this title page http://nmp.jpl.nasa.gov/ds4 is very difficult
frame-space. I love NASA sites, but that 1 is trouble. Having a variety of
approaches available to deal with unique designs is very helpful & appreciated!

& as preview to another issue: I've been looking for general support for
Accessibility & there's more excuses than I expected: (note GDrake's not my
problem attitude)
http://browserwatch.internet.com/cgi-bin/Ultimate.cgi?action=threadlist&foru
m=BrowserWatch+Chat&number=1&topic=000310-000000-120798-000011.msg&DaysPrune=80

Meanwhile I hope the people of Web Standards look at the next URL that
illustrates bandwidth doesn't always add up to expected values
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-ua/1998OctDec/0311.html

robust
http://nmp.jpl.nasa.gov/ds4

Regards,
Bryan

-> "I don't need to stand to talk, to advise, & to generally make a pain in
the ass out of myself." Dr. Stephen Franklin, "Babylon 5": 'Shadow Dancing'