Re: SMIL: Authoring question

Actually I think the two document (one with the original video and sound,
and the second with the synchonized captioning information) format is
probably better, since it can be added later for an uncaptioned video and
it allows the captioning presentation to be controlled by the user through
the user agent.

Jon

At 10:17 AM 10/8/98 -0400, Denis Anson wrote:
>>With the current SMIL standard would the author need to create two versions
>>of their document, one with captions and the other without; or would the
>>captioning be an add on to the original document so the user just turns it
>>on or off?
>
>Regardless of what the current standard is, it ought to be a feature of a
>single document that can be turned on and off.  If the standard makes it
>difficult to do the task right, most developers will take the easy
>route,and decide that captioning isn't *that* important.
>
>Denis

1207 S. Oak Street
Champaign, IL 61820

Voice: 217-244-5870