Re: can we get the browser to contextualize focus?

08-10-98 Al Gilman <asgilman@access.digex.net> wrote:
>I think that Greg Lowney is onto something, here. And I think
>that the browser could possibly do something about it.

[snip]
>For motor-impaired users, it is beneficial to give them a fat
>target, a sensitive region which a) encompasses both the control
>proper and any defined label [or equivalent -- to be expanded]
>and b) has suitably fat guardbands (non-sensitive dead zones
>between sensitive regions) between it and adjacent sensitive regions.

Yes! Exactly what is needed. This design site
http://www.eyecue.co.uk/pats/contents.html
has interesting points. The Keypad section illustrates spacing which might
help explain control placement. "Dead zones" are vital
http://www.eyecue.co.uk/pats/13a.html

Regards,
Bryan

-> "Its been said the pebbles can't stop the avalanche, guess the pebbles
didn't have access to the Web!"