Using the GamePad API with AT devices?

From: Léonie Watson <tink@tink.uk>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 19:38:02 -0000
To: <w3c-wai-ig@w3.org>
Hello WAI IG,

The GamePad API enables game controllers to be used as input devices on the
web. It emulates the system API access that native applications have to such
devices.

In a moment of idle speculation, I wondered whether this API could be used
by hardware Ats (like sip/puff devices), and whether there was a use case
for doing so?

I know nothing about the mechanics of such devices though, so thought I'd
post it here in hope that someone might have some ideas!

Léonie.
[1] https://w3c.github.io/gamepad/

--
@LeonieWatson tink.uk Carpe diem