RE: leaving SC out of the draft - this is an issue that must get consensus

From: Andrew Kirkpatrick [mailto:akirkpat@adobe.com]
Sent: Tuesday, February 7, 2017 4:36 PM

As this is will affect the Working Group internal process, we do want to understand what the WG members feel we should do. Please let us know!
[Jason] +1 to the proposed process. If the group decides to include a proposal that is considered almost ready but which nevertheless has issues on which comment is sought, these concerns should be raised in Notes for Reviewers as discussed in an earlier thread.
My essential point is that I think proposals should undergo a period of review and refinement (with a serious attempt to address objections and achieve consensus) before being considered for integration into a working draft.
As I recall from the development of WCAG 2.0, decisions on what to include in a public draft and whether to note issues on which comment was requested were taken carefully by the working group at a meeting.

Thank you for your compliance.