RE: Proposal to Delete or Keep 2.4.1

Loretta writes:

I actually think there is a class a problems related to navigation that
we don't address, related to how to make it practical to navigate to
information via the keyboard. However, I haven't been able to formulate
a testable SC for this problem. But programmatically determining
navigational features doesn't help with this issue.

Loretta, can you characterize these problems *without* (for the moment
at least) worrying about writing a testable SC? What do you think the
problems are that we haven't yet addressed?

For example, a keyboard user with painful karpal tunnel syndrome wants
to move from a link embedded somewhere in the main content area to a
link that comes midway into the navbar. This is comparatively trivial
for mouse users *and* for people whose user agents provide navigable
links lists. But how does a keyboard user do it? Is this a content issue
or a user agent issue? What should authors do to avoid creating such
barriers?

John

"Good design is accessible design."
John Slatin, Ph.D.