RE: Proposal to Delete or Keep 2.4.1

I still do not understand what problems this SC is trying to address
that are not already addressed more clearly by other SC. I think some of
it stems back to the lack of a clear definition of navigational
features, so that I could understand what needs to be programmatically
determined, and why. But if navigational features are controls, I think
4.1.2 states the requirements more clearly. If navigational features are
not controls, I don't know how to characterize their
"navigational"-ness, since we know that things like structure can be
helpful in a number of ways.

I actually think there is a class a problems related to navigation that
we don't address, related to how to make it practical to navigate to
information via the keyboard. However, I haven't been able to formulate
a testable SC for this problem. But programmatically determining
navigational features doesn't help with this issue.

Loretta Guarino Reid
lguarino@adobe.com
Adobe Systems, Acrobat Engineering