From: w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org] On Behalf
Of Gez Lemon
Sent: Tuesday, March 14, 2006 7:59 AM
To: Christophe Strobbe
Cc: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Subject: Re: Baselines: how specific?

Hi Christophe,

On 14/03/06, Christophe Strobbe <christophe.strobbe@esat.kuleuven.be> wrote:
<quote>
How specific should a baseline definition be?
</quote>

That's a good question. I've assumed that the baseline was about technology,
and not the features of the technology. For example, specifying HTML in the
baseline presumably covers features such as object, link, longdesc, etc,
even though they may be partially supported or poorly implemented. The media
for the object might be another technology in its own right, but I wouldn't
have thought of specifying the object element itself in the baseline.

Best regards,

Gez

--
Supplement your vitamins