Just (almost plain) Web-page*

 In working on the SC that have delivery Unit in them to try replacing with
"Web page(including web applications)"  I find that it is just plain
awkward, reads funny and sometimes gives wrong impressions.

For example if you say

3.2.4 Components that have the same functionality within a set of Web pages
(including Web application) are identified consistently.

It sounds like you are saying the set of web pages is a web application.

So I went back and looked at the issue over again.

The definition we are using is the DI definition for Web Page.   We didn't
want to call it that because it means more than just a static page. It means
(and is defined as) any primary resource and all the resources rendered with
it.   We differ just a shade from DI in that they say 'rendered
simultaneously" and that perhaps misleading for pages that have script or
are interactive environments.

So how about we use   Web-Page*

The hyphen and asterisk indicate that there is something about it that is
not just a regular web-page (which we need).  But it does so in a way that
is so much less obtrusive and problematic than anything else we have been
able to come up with.

If we do this - the SC in question become:

*	2.2.2 Content does not blink for more than 3 seconds, or a method is
available to stop any blinking content within the Web-Page*.
*	2.4.2 A mechanism is available to bypass blocks of content that are
repeated on multiple Web-Pages*.
*	2.4.3 More than one way is available to locate content within a set
of Web-Pages* where content is not the result of, or a step in, a process or
task.
*	2.4.4 Each Web-Page* has a title.
*	2.4.5 Each programmatic reference to another Web-Page* or to another
location in the same Web-Page* is associated with text describing the
destination.
*	2.4.7 When a Web-Page* is navigated sequentially, elements receive
focus in an order that follows relationships and sequences in the content.
*	2.4.8 Information about the user's location within a set of
Web-Pages* is available.
*	3.1.1 The primary natural language or languages of the Web-Page* can
be programmatically determined.
*	3.2.3 Navigational mechanisms that are repeated on multiple
Web-Pages* within a set of Web-Pages* occur in the same relative order each
time they are repeated unless a change is initiated by the user.
*	3.2.4 Components that have the same functionality within a set of
Web-Pages* are identified consistently.
*	4.1.1 Each Web-Page* can be parsed unambiguously and the
relationships in the resulting data structure are also unambiguous.

(the word Each was added to 2.4.4 and 4.1.1 to match other guidelines and to
read better and in was changed to within on 2.2.2)

Gregg

PS   To get an idea of what these look like if we use one of the other
approaches - here are the others -

OTHER THINGS TRIED BUT REJECTED.

*	2.2.2 Content does not blink for more than 3 seconds, or a method is
available to stop any blinking content within the Web page (including Web
application).
*	2.4.2 A mechanism is available to bypass blocks of content that are
repeated on multiple Web pages (including Web application).
*	2.4.3 More than one way is available to locate content within a set
of Web pages (including Web application) where content is not the result of,
or a step in, a process or task.
*	2.4.4 The Web page (including Web application) has a title.
*	2.4.5 Each programmatic reference to another Web page (including Web
application) or to another location in the same Web page (including Web
applications), is associated with text describing the destination.
*	2.4.7 When a Web page (including Web application) is navigated
sequentially, elements receive focus in an order that follows relationships
and sequences in the content.
*	2.4.8 Information about the user's location within a set of Web
pages (including Web application) is available.
*	3.1.1 The primary natural language or languages of the Web page
(including Web application) can be programmatically determined.
*	3.2.3 Navigational mechanisms that are repeated on multiple Web
pages (including Web application) within a set of Web pages  (including Web
applications) occur in the same relative order each time they are repeated
unless a change is initiated by the user.
*	3.2.4 Components that have the same functionality within a set of
Web pages (including Web application) are identified consistently.
*	4.1.1 The Web page (including Web application) can be parsed
unambiguously and the relationships in the resulting data structure are also
unambiguous.

Alternate proposal     Web-Page/Application

*	2.2.2 Content does not blink for more than 3 seconds, or a method is
available to stop any blinking content within the Web-Page/Application.
*	2.4.2 A mechanism is available to bypass blocks of content that are
repeated on multiple Web-Pages/Applications.
*	2.4.3 More than one way is available to locate content within a set
of Web-Pages/Applications where content is not the result of, or a step in,
a process or task.
*	2.4.4 Each Web-Page/Application has a title.
*	2.4.5 Each programmatic reference to another Web-Page/Application or
to another location in the same Web-Page/Application is associated with text
describing the destination.
*	2.4.7 When a Web-Page/Application is navigated sequentially,
elements receive focus in an order that follows relationships and sequences
in the content.
*	2.4.8 Information about the user's location within a set of
Web-Pages/Applications is available.
*	3.1.1 The primary natural language or languages of the
Web-Page/Application can be programmatically determined.
*	3.2.3 Navigational mechanisms that are repeated on multiple
Web-Pages/Applications within a set of Web-Pages/Applications occur in the
same relative order each time they are repeated unless a change is initiated
by the user.
*	3.2.4 Components that have the same functionality within a set of
Web-Pages/Applications are identified consistently.
*	4.1.1 Each Web-Page/Application can be parsed unambiguously and the
relationships in the resulting data structure are also unambiguous.

Gregg

Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Professor - Ind. Engr. & BioMed Engr.
Director - Trace R & D Center