RE: Just (almost plain) Web-page*

Many of these should still be delivery unit, as they apply to other delivery units, not just primary units.  We need to remember that we're talking about two different things here.  Web Pages are primary delivery units and their resources.  Delivery units are delivered blocks of content.  Web Page is a subset of Delivery Unit.  We do not need a single term.  We need two.

Here are some examples of delivery units that are not Web Pages, and yet must be able to comply with WCAG.

An ad in an iframe
An RSS feed that is aggregated into a portal via script
A feed that contains HTML which is aggregated into a portal
The result of an AJAX call back that is integrated into a page
A web service that returns pre-formatted HTML, which is used by mix-ups.
(these are just off the top of my head, I'm sure there are others)

For all of these, the requirement is that 1)either the DU is accessible on it's own or 2) the primary DU that consumes it does something to make it accessible.  These DUs may be owned by different content providers than the containing DU.  If only the containing "page" can make a claim, there is no incentive for the content providers to improve their accessibility.

Again, the primary DU may not be a "page", it may be a Web-based newsreader, or a Web-Based mail client, a "mix-up" application that's repurposing content from 5 or 6 different sites, or something else yet to be invented.  We run the risk of making ourselves archaic and irrelevant before we even release if we don't adequately address these scenarios.  This is the direction the Web is moving.

Now, to the specifics of the SC below.  Some of these seem to me to be about end-user experience and navigation.  For these, Web Pages may be ok.  I think it's too specific, but it is at least close to accurate.  These are:

2.4.4 Each Web-Page* has a title (this one applies to any primary unit, and doesn't require that the resources be present.)
3.2.3 Navigational mechanisms that are repeated on multiple Web-Pages* within a set of Web-Pages* occur in the same relative order each time they are repeated unless a change is initiated by the user.

These two, I'm not sure on.
2.4.2 A mechanism is available to bypass blocks of content that are repeated on multiple Web-Pages*.  (this one I'm not sure on.  It may be needed in some of the above as well)
3.2.4 Components that have the same functionality within a set of Web-Pages* are identified consistently.

The rest of these apply equally to the other delivery units listed above.  Web Page is not accurate. They should stay Delivery Unit.  If we're worried that people won't understand that, then we need to write some stuff in the understanding document explaining this.  I'll even volunteer to write it.

2.2.2 Content does not blink for more than 3 seconds, or a method is available to stop any blinking content within the Delivery Unit
2.4.3 More than one way is available to locate content within a set of Delivery Units where content is not the result of, or a step in, a process or task.
2.4.5 Each programmatic reference to another Delivery Unit, or to another location in the same Delivery Unit is associated with text describing the destination.
2.4.7 When a Web-Page* is navigated sequentially, elements receive focus in an order that follows relationships and sequences in the content.
2.4.8 Information about the user's location within a set of Delivery Units is available.
3.1.1 The primary natural language or languages of the Delivery Unit can be programmatically determined.
4.1.1 Each Delivery Unit can be parsed unambiguously and the relationships in the resulting data structure are also unambiguous.