Re: REwrite of 1.1.6

David, I would potentially expect our transcript to contain collated
captions and extended audio descriptions, that is, all the information
needed to understand the visuals, not just the amount of information that
can fit in the gaps of the dialog in the audio. And for something like a
physics class, which is presenting complex visual encodings of information,
the audio description part might well be something you¹d like to skip over
when scanning for some specific piece of information.

I think the goal here is not to require any specific representation of the
information, but to be sure the information is available. I think any
³text-based² representation which is an accessible equivalent to the content
should satisfy, whether it is a plain text transcript, a marked-up html
version of the information that could contain skip links, or a version where
there is a web-like representation of the text with links to pieces of the
content.

Loretta