	From: Gregg Vanderheiden [mailto:gv@trace.wisc.edu]
	Sent: Friday, February 10, 2006 1:53 PM
	To: Andrew Kirkpatrick; w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
	Subject: RE: REwrite of 1.1.6

	I don't understand this suggestion.

	Gregg

	 -- ------------------------------
	Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
	Professor - Ind. Engr. & BioMed Engr.
	Director - Trace R & D Center
	University of Wisconsin-Madison
	The Player for my DSS sound file is at http://tinyurl.com/dho6b
<http://tinyurl.com/cmfd9>

________________________________

		From: w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org
[mailto:w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Andrew Kirkpatrick
		Sent: Friday, February 10, 2006 9:38 AM
		To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org

		Gregg,

			Proposed

			1.1.6 For prerecorded multimedia content, a
combined document containing captions
<http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/appendixA.html#captionsdef>  intermixed
with the audio description
<http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/appendixA.html#audiodescdef>
transcripts is available. [How to meet 1.1.6
<http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/WD-UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20-20060117/Overvi
ew.html#text-equiv-text-doc> ]

		This sounds fine to me, but I think that we should make
sure that we accept the case where a transcript includes links to audio
descriptions interspersed, as an alternative to the actual description
text.    For example:

		Transcript:

		This is the first spoken transcript text. This is more
transcript.  (<a href="#desc1">description 1</a>).  This is more
transcript.  Blah blah blah....

		Descriptions:

		<a name="desc1" id="desc1">1. </a>This is the first
description

		This would improve the experience for many users,and
while it is untested, I'd like to make sure that it is acceptable to
use.

		AWK