From: w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org [mailto:w3c-wai-gl-request@w3.org] On Behalf
Of Andrew Kirkpatrick
Sent: Friday, February 10, 2006 9:38 AM
To: w3c-wai-gl@w3.org
Subject: RE: REwrite of 1.1.6

Gregg,

Proposed

1.1.6 For prerecorded multimedia content, a combined document containing
captions <http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/appendixA.html#captionsdef>
intermixed with the audio
<http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/appendixA.html#audiodescdef>  description
transcripts is available. [How
<http://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG20/WD-UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20-20060117/Overview.h
tml#text-equiv-text-doc>  to meet 1.1.6]

This sounds fine to me, but I think that we should make sure that we accept
the case where a transcript includes links to audio descriptions
interspersed, as an alternative to the actual description text.    For
example:

Transcript:

This is the first spoken transcript text. This is more transcript.  (<a
href="#desc1">description 1</a>).  This is more transcript.  Blah blah
blah....

Descriptions:

<a name="desc1" id="desc1">1. </a>This is the first description

This would improve the experience for many users,and while it is untested,
I'd like to make sure that it is acceptable to use.

AWK