RE: BIG ISSUE -- re Delivery Units

I agree - we should see if there is any way to avoid creating a new term if
we can.     We just have to be careful not to redefine a defined term.

Hmmmm

Web Document....

That works well technically but would an interactive movie be viewed by many
as a document?   I'm afraid 'document' would is too heavily loaded with
paper document concept.

RE your definition of content.  You substituted Web Unit for perceivable
unit.  Can't do that - they aren't  equivalent.

Putting perceivable unit back in you get

Content:  Information in the web unit that is used by the user agent to
generate perceivable units.  This includes the code and markup that define
the structure, presentation, and interaction, as well as text, images, and
sounds that convey information to the end-user.

RE your question
This begs the question, Why not use "resource" (or web resource) everywhere
that delivery unit now appears?
Resources has the same problem as delivery units.
All Web units are resources but not all resources are Web units
AND most resources can't meet the guidelines.

Gregg

Gregg C Vanderheiden Ph.D.
Professor - Ind. Engr. & BioMed Engr.
Director - Trace R & D Center