Re: BIG ISSUE -- re Delivery Units

Gregg Vanderheiden wrote:
> The problem is
>
> 1.	the images don't pass our guidelines
> 2.	if you make any kind of claim for your site (or any URI pattern) it
> would include the URI's for the images etc (unless you stored the images off
> in some remote location)
>
> This is not what we intend.    After looking at this for awhile Ben and John
> and I are suggesting that perhaps we focus on the delivery unit you get from
> a user request and not the subsequent delivery units that are fetched as
> part of it.   To do this we would need to define a new entity.
[...]
> Web Unit (e.g. Page)
>
>     A collection of information, consisting of one or more resources,
> intended to be rendered together, and identified by a single Uniform
> Resource Identifier (URLs etc.).

I don't see how this would solve the problems. To be honest, I don't see
a difference.

A delivery unit (as it seems to be the understanding of the DI WG) is a
collection of resources with one "primary" resource and 0 or more
"additional" resources, that are fetched by a user agent after fetching
the primary resource without activation by the user (in XLink terms:
xlink:actuate="onLoad").

Don't you define the "Web Unit" to be exactly this?
--
Johannes Koch
Spem in alium nunquam habui praeter in te, Deus Israel.